Thursday 4 April 2013

Renovation Project - I take a moment to weep for the distant memory of manicures!


Renovation Project - I take a moment to weep for the distant memory of manicures!

Our friend with the bed called around this morning and asked if she could borrow John, she is having a new fire installed and wants to know if there is an old fire place behind the wall where her current wood burner is.
John agrees to go up and use the kango to break through and check.

I spend the afternoon on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor boards in the new bathroom, I still hate this job and end up with bits of wire wool stuck in my skin, I remember back to the days when I had nicely manicured nails, they do not look nice any more, they are shorter than ever before and often grubby, the nail brush is my new best friend, I would really rather have my old best friend back, but until we finish I must accept the small sacrifices, oh hell who am I kidding, this is not a small sacrifice, I want a manicure and shapely nails painted in red sparkly nail varnish, I’m stopping for a minute now while I go and have a little weep!!!!

OK back again and I realise that John has now been gone for almost 5 hours, which must be some hole he is making! I call up to the house (mainly to escape the floor) and find out that John has not just made a hole to see if there is a fire place, but has taken the wall down and exposed the entire fire place and surround, our friend is over the moon. (And so am I as we are closer to getting our new king-size bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment