Thursday 11 April 2013

Renovation Project - the forest is so beautiful


Renovation Project - the forest is so beautiful

We have a lovely day planned today, John is going to watch the football with Brian and I am going for a walk through the forest with Sheila. The weather is sunny but cold, REALLY COLD!!! Where the heck is spring?

We head into the forest and it is truly beautiful, I can’t believe we have never done this yet; we have been living here for 8 months and have not made the most of the beautiful scenery.

Lola is running all around and having a great time; Sheila says she has to be careful as there are wild boar in the forest and snakes.

We walk for about 2 hours and pass many different boulders, the area is famous for its boulder formations and there are so many myths and legends around the forest.




We spend some time at Camp Artus and there are a couple of horses, Sheila explains these are working horses that pull the logs from the forest, the cart is near them, I can’t help but compare it to the UK, and think if this was just left there it would be gone in the blink of an eye, but there is so much tack lying around and nobody bothers.

We take a moment to look at the view and again are amazed by the health and safety aspect of the forest, i.e. there is none, the view has a massive drop and nothing to stop you stepping over it!


By the time we get back to the house I realise I have not walked so far for a long time, my legs are aching so much, but I am no longer cold and regret wrapping up so warmly!
The football match did go quite so well.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures you posted are very nice. It made me feel like I was there with you on your walk. :)

    ReplyDelete