Tuesday 27 September 2016

Renovation project - John's not well

Renovation project - John's not well
picture courtesy of
 https://www.askideas.com/25-most-funniest-memes-about-being-sick-images-and-pictures/
My flight home is all arranged the only problem is, John is not well, he has been poorly for a few days I have spoken to him every day and have been quite worried, I really panicked when he said he was going to go to the chemist as he felt so bad, this may not seem a big thing, but Johns French is not good, so to be willing to go the French chemist, he must be bad.
We have arranged for a friend to collect me from the airport, as I arrive home John meets me and he looks grey, the poor thing, I realise now just how ill he has been, he has hardly eaten for 5 days, he has had a terrible stomach bug, I want to get him straight to a doctor, but being a man, he will be OK.
The following day I spend disinfecting the house. He is still not well, but still won’t go to the doctor as he says he is not feeling as bad as he was, he has also managed to keep some food inside him.
I agree to give it another day, he starts to improve gradually, and we think he is definitely over the worst of it.

But he has managed to tile the floor of the little house, paint it and uncover the fire place,, which looks fantastic, but it is slow going for a couple of days, the good thing is that he is getting his complexion back and no longer looks like the living dead,  and he has lost some weight, so always a silver lining.
renovation project uncovering a stone fire place

renovation project uncovering a stone fire place

renovation project tiling a stone floor

renovation project tiling a stone floor

renovation project tiling a stone floor

2 comments:

  1. That's awful. Bless him. And wouldn't you know it that he would fall ill whilst you were away. Men! We worry about them just like we did/do our kiddo's. :) Hope he is over the worst and he does good work even when sick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, he is fully recovered, not sure how he does it, he seems to wait until I go to the UK and get ill!

      Delete