Monday 25 August 2014

Renovation project - Friends come to visit from the UK

Renovation project - Friends come to visit from the UK

After our very busy day yesterday we have our friends arriving this morning I am so excited to see them and can't wait for them to get here, but I am also very nervous about their visit.

We have been talking about them coming over for some time and when we spoke on the phone a couple of weeks ago, I explained that we had very few vacancies and we would need to try to arrange a couple of days when they could stay, but when I skyped my daughter the other day, she was out horse riding with my friend and she shouted over we have booked the ferry!!!

it was a case of oh flipping heck (or words to that effect, the f and g are correct)

I explained that we had no vacancies and neither did the B&B's we would recommend, her response was don't worry about it, we have found a camp site!

I still can’t believe she is going to camp, you have certain friends who you can imagine camping and the you have certain friends who you just couldn't ever imagine camping (you can guess which category my friend falls into)

I have visions of them on the floor in our bedroom after the first night, but we'll see.

They arrive with no problems and I get a text that they are all set up in the tent (my heart sinks every time I think of them in the tent on the camp site)

I call round to pick her up and bring her to the house, her husband has gone straight into holiday mode and is fast asleep.

She loves the house and the area, I'm so pleased as we stay with her for a night every time we go back to the UK and we have sang the praises of our new home, and now she gets to see it and fully understands why we love it so much.

We have a fantastic few days and go out every night, we bump into our new neighbours every night as well, and I am still trying to convince everybody that we don't go out very often and don't know that many people.
Nobody believes us as every where we go we are chatting to more and more, we even go into one bar and meet a couple for the first time and they know us, they read the blog!!!!!!

This is 2 complete random strangers in the middle of a French village, who know us from the blog but also their company has worked with my friends company, how small is this world?

One thing my friend has now realised is that taxis are not the same here as they are in the UK, we are in a restaurant and after consuming much wine, she asks about getting a taxi home, I laugh a little and say its very unlikely but we ask the bar owner and when she finds out the taxi is only to the camp site she can't stop laughing,, there is no chance.

Some things are very different here, and taxis or the lack of them is one example, back in the UK you can get a taxi day or night, but here they are as rare as rocking horse poo!


The week goes so quickly, we have met loads more people, spent the week trying to convince people this is not what life is really like, it's normally much quieter, I somehow don't think people believe us.

No comments:

Post a Comment