Friday 25 November 2016

Renovation project - Holidays are over and it's back to work

Renovation project - Holidays are over and it's back to work
Well we have now been back a week and with our renewed vigour after making the decision that we are not going to be staying in France and we are moving to Portugal, we have been working even harder than ever, but looking at the house all I can think, is where does the time go?
 I have not really had time to write anything as we have been nonstop. The house is at that stage where there is so much to do, so much so that I feel really overwhelmed on a daily basis. Which is quite strange as we are not really that far off finishing. But it is the stage where it is all little jobs that need doing to finish.
John has painted the outside of the house as the weather has still been nice. The weather has been one of the determining factors, as we need to get every outside job finished before the weather changes.
Renovation project - painting the exterior of a house, Huelgoat, France

Renovation project - painting the exterior of a house, Huelgoat, France

Renovation project - painting the exterior of a house, Huelgoat, France
I have stripped and painted the last of the windows and some of the shutters. But every day I am waking and thinking oh bugger, what are we doing today, John has been really good and keeps calming me, saying it will all suddenly come together, but somehow it just doesn’t feel like it.
We are quite different people, I like lists that I can tick off and so know what I am doing but John just looks at it and makes a list in his head (and somehow I am supposed to know this imaginary list and understand it!)
But the jobs are getting done and each day we are a step closer.

It is such a strange feeling as this is actually one of my favourite houses and I had planned to stay here for some time and enjoy it, but Portugal is calling and we saw some houses that were just as beautiful, oh bugger, there are so many things to consider, but I don’t have time if we want to get finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment